herb de Provence roasted brussel sprouts with feta
Herb de Provence seasoned brussel sprouts are roasted until perfectly crisp and caramelized. then, tossed with creamy feta, bright lemon and sumac. An updated classic that will fit perfectly on your holiday table.
large mixing bowl
- 1 stalk brussel sprouts (~4-5 cups)
- 1- 2 tbsp herb de provence olive oil (sub with olive oil and 1/4-1/2 tsp dried herbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. sheep's milk feta, packed in the brine
- 1/2 tsp ground sumac, more to taste (sub with lemon zest)
- 1-2 lemons (for finishing) (can be roasted if desired)
Preheat oven to 400F and line a full size baking sheet with parchment paper.
Trim brussel sprouts and cut lengthwise. In a large bowl, toss brussel sprouts with oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Place spouts on a baking sheet in a single layer, cut side down.
Roast at 400F for 25-30 minutes. Stir once after about 15 mintues. Brussel sprouts are done when tender crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately toss with crumbled pieces of feta, lemon juice and sumac. Adjust seasoning to taste, plate and enjoy!