honey roasted carrots with burrata and a harissa carrot top vinaigrette
honey roasted carrots topped with creamy burrata and a spicy, sweet harissa carrot top vinaigrette. this side dish is both a feast for the eyes and your taste buds!
- 1-2 lbs carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2.5 tbsp honey, divided
- 1 bunch carrot tops, finely chopped (sub with parsely)
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced and made into a paste
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, optiional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz fresh burrata (sub mozzarella, nut cheeses, or bocconcini)
Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchemnt paper. Toss prepared carrots on baking sheet with 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp honey, salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 400 F for 30-35 minutes or until tender and nicely browned.
While the carrots are roasting, combine all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
When carrots are done, remove from the oven. Plate on a serving plate, top with burrata. Drizzle prepared dressing right before serving.