happy 2020! how about a great cocktail to start things off! this cara cara orange champagne cocktail is as easy and delicious as it gets!
I've been reflecting on the last decade (2009-2019) and I'm simply astonished. its been the most transformative of my life. even reflecting back on this last year has shown me how far ive come in rediscovering who i am. now. 10 years ago, i would have thought my mid 30's would have provided me more clarify and direction. more answers. the truth is- at any age, in any decade, we have to stop and reevaluate what brings life to our lives. there is no magic age in which we finally have the answers. it is up to us to step into these unknowns, to do the things that scare us and move us forward. it is with a hopeful and abundant mindset, i start this first year of this next decade. wishing you the happiest of new years. cheers!
this easy cocktail is best described as
- slightly tart
- champagne forward (aka, let's not water down the good stuff)
- happy (that color!!)
short and sweet ingredient list
you don't need too much to make these cocktails. but, the ingredients may not be something you have on hand
- cara cara oranges (or blood oranges)
- champagne or processo
- sprigs of mint for garnish
any special tools?
everything can be done by hand. but, these tools make it so much easier!
- citrus juicer : this is the one I use, and a year later still LOVE
- shot glass: eye ball the amount or measure it, up to you!
- coupe glasses: any clear glass will work, but I love these
how to make this cocktail
this cara cara orange + champagne cocktail is tart, slightly sweet, and most importantly - its super simple to make!
- locate a semi fancy glass
- pour an ounce of cointreau into each glass
- top with 2-3 ounces freshly squeezed citrus juice per glass
- give a gentle stir
- top with champagne
- let champagne settle
- top one more time
- garnish with a slice of citrus and sprig of mint
other brunch favorites
cara cara orange and champagne cocktail
- electronic juicer, optional
- 8 oz freshly sqeezed citrus juice (any variety of oranges)
- 2-3 oz cointreau sub with triple sec, grand mariner or simple syrup
- 1 bottle champagne, chilled sub with prosecco
- 3-4 thinly sliced oranges for garnish
- 3-4 sprigs mint or other fresh herbs
- combine freshly squeezed juice with cointreau in serving glasses. top with champagne, orange slices and fresh herbs.
Make sure to leave a star review below
Make sure to tag me on instagram @olivesnthyme. For more delicious dessert ideas follow me on pinterest
make sure to tag me on instagram @olivesnthyme. for more delicious dessert ideas follow me on pinterest.
Leave a Reply