happy 2020! there’s something really satisfying and whole about this number. something that evokes a spirit of hope and a bright future. I’ve been reflecting on the last decade (2009-2019) and I’m simply astonished. its been the most transformative of my life. even reflecting back on this last year has shown me how far ive come in rediscovering who i am. now.
10 years ago, i would have thought my mid 30’s would have provided me more clarify and direction. more answers. the truth is- at any age, in any decade, we have to stop and reevaluate what brings life to our lives. there is no magic age in which we finally have the answers. it is up to us to step into these unknowns, to do the things that scare us and move us forward. it is with a hopeful and abundant mindset, i start this first year of this next decade.
wishing you the happiest of new years.
with it being the start of a new year (and new decade!!), it fills more fitting to start with a bright and light cocktail! this cara cara orange + champagne cocktail is tart, slightly sweet, and most importantly – its super simple to make! its as simple as locating a semi fancy glass, pouring an ounce of cointreau, 2-3 ounces freshly squeezed citrus juice ( i used cara cara for this version), stir and top with champagne! voila! the simplest and most delightful brunch, lunch or party cocktail. think of it as a fresh twist on your favorite mimosa. cheers to 2020 my friends.
cara cara orange and champagne cocktail
- electronic juicer, optional
- 8 oz freshly sqeezed citrus juice (any variety of oranges)
- 2-3 oz cointreau sub with triple sec, grand mariner or simple syrup
- 1 bottle champagne, chilled sub with prosecco
- 3-4 thinly sliced oranges for garnish
- 3-4 sprigs mint or other fresh herbs
- combine freshly squeezed juice with cointreau in serving glasses. top with champagne, orange slices and fresh herbs.
did you make this recipe?
tag @olivesnthyme on instagram