for me, summer is synonymous with s’mores. there is something really satisfying about the layers of texture and flavor found in a traditional s’more. as it’s name suggests, it’s hard to eat just one. in fact, you’ll need some more (s’mores). these easy s’mores truffles are my fun, no bake take on this quintessential summer time treat. all you need to do is mix, form, chill, cover in chocolate + chill again!
in a few words, these s’mores truffles are
- full of s’mores like flavors
- bite sized
- easy to make
- even easier to eat!
the shortest, sweetest, s’mores-iest ingredient list
to make these easy s’mores truffles you will need just three (maybe four) ingredients
that’s it! truffles are typically made with only a handful of ingredients. for that reason, these truffle inspired s’mores only need a handful of things to make them!
do I need anything special to make these?
just like their name namesake, these s’mores truffles are super simple to make!
- food processor
- used to grind the graham crackers into fine crumbs
- you can also use 2 large plastic ziplock bags
- mixing bowls
- large for mixing the fluff and crumbs together
- medium or small for melting the chocolate and for dipping/coating
- small cookie scoop
- for scooping ball shape pieces of filling
- you can also use a tablespoon or other similarly sized spoon
- large plate or small baking sheet
- for chilling and storing the truffles while they set
- parchment or wax paper
- to line the plate or baking sheet
tips for the chillest truffles
keep these things in mind before, during and after making them
- read through the recipe
- make sure to have all the ingredients at hand
- pull out the food processor, plate and bowls
- warming up the creme or fluff helps it to mix a little easier and faster
- work quickly
- the fluff quickly returns to less friendly mixing texture
- the fluff sets a bit at the bottom while chilling
- roll into a ball like shape before chilling
- after about 5-10 minutes of chilling, re-roll the balls for a more perfect shape
- use a fork to dip the truffle filling into the melted chocolate
- top with crushed graham crackers after about 1 minute of dipping in the chocolate
- re-chill the truffles in the fridge to set them faster
- store the finished truffles in an airtight container in the fridge
- the filling gets a little firm when cold
- pull out a few minutes before eating if needed
other s’mores recipes to try!
easy s’mores truffles
- food processor (or plastic bag)
- mixing bowls
- small cookie scoop or tablespoon
- large plate or cookie sheet
- parchment or wax paper
- 2 c (220g) crushed graham crackers, divided about 28 graham crackers
- 7oz. (198g) container marshmallow fluff
- 6 oz. (170g) chocolate of choice, melted milk chocolate used in this recipe
- flaky salt, optional and to taste
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor. Pulse until the crackers are fine crumbs. Scoop out 1/4 c of crumbs and set aside. This will be used for topping the truffles. Alternatively, place the crackers in a plastic ziplock bag. Place this bag inside of another zip lock bag. Crush the crackers into crumbs.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the marshmallow fluff until well combined. The fluff will be VERY sticky. You may need to gently warm the fluff (in a mixing bowl) in the microwave until it becomes more spreadable and mixable.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon (or other spoon around the same size), scoop out the graham cracker fluff. Roll into a ball. Place the rolled balls onto a lined baking sheet or large plate. Chill in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes.
- In a microwave safe dish, heat the chocolate in 20-30 second intervals until fully melted. Line a large plate or small baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a fork, dip the chilled and set graham cracker marshmallow fluff balls into the chocolate until fully coated. Place the chocolate dipped ball onto the lined plate or baking sheet. Top with the reserved graham cracker crumbs and salt if desired.
- Chill the chocolate dipped s'mores truffles in the fridge until set, about 15 minutes. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy.