mid-summer means PEACHES. more specifically, its stone fruit season. but, the peaches are particularly delicious this time of year. this no-churn peach ice cream partially screams summer. from the cups of fresh peaches, the bourbon pecan peach syrup and a creamy mascarpone base, this easy summer dessert is THE tastiest ice cream to beat the heat! just grab a cone, scoop and enjoy!
this peach filled ice cream is best described as
- decadent without being heavy
- full of peach flavor
- crunchy bits of caramelized pecans
- like peaches + cream (such a Southern classic)
- small batch quality ice cream, no churn needed!
short, sweet + peachy ingredient list
no-churn ice cream requires a few speciality, easy to find ingredients
- I highly recommend having a box of gorgeous Georgia peaches delivered straight to your door!
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- unsalted butter
- bourbon, optional (but recommended)
- heavy whipping cream
- mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla bean extract or paste
from these ingredients you will make the sautéed peaches, bourbon pecan peach syrup and no-churn mascarpone cheese base.
what tools do I need to make the best no-churn ice cream?
grab these kitchen essentials for the best no-churn peach ice cream
- stand mixer with paddle attachment
- or hand mixer with beaters
- 6-8 capacity container
- 9-10″ cake or pie pans
- 9X5 or larger loaf pans
- medium sized skillet
- for making the sautéed peaches
- and making the bourbon pecan peach sauce
- plastic wrap and foil
- to cover the no-churn ice cream while it freezes
what’s the best way to make this creamy frozen dessert?
- make this no-churn ice cream by going slow
- going fast or over whipping (especially the mascarpone cheese) can lead to a grainy texture
- make sure the mascarpone cheese is room temperature
- cold mascarpone can break very easily
- breaking = a grainy, curdled texture
- combine the whipped cream and mascarpone/sweetened condensed milk mixture by hand
- the peaches and syrup need to be cool or at room temperature
- use a large enough container to hold all the ingredients
- freeze the ice cream uncovered for 2 hours
- after two hours, cover with plastic wrap and foil
- freeze the ice cream for at least 6 hours total
what’s the best way to serve a no-churn ice cream?
- set out the container of no-churn for 5-15 minutes to slightly thaw at room temperature
- enjoy on a cone or in a bowl
- top with more fresh peaches and pecans
more creamy frozen desserts to love!
- strawberry pretzel cheesecake
- no-churn sugar cookie ice cream
- no-churn tahini ice cream
- frozen margarita pie
no-churn peach ice cream
- medium sauce pan
- stand mixer with whisk attachment or hand mixer with beaters
- 6-8 c capacity container
- plastic wrap and foil
- 2 c (450g) fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/3 c (67g) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (14g) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 oz. (60ml) bourbon whiskey, optional for flavor
- 2 tbsp (25g) brown sugar
- 1/2 c (65g) chopped pecans
- 2 c (473ml) cold heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. (227g) mascarpone cheese, room temperature sub 1:1 with full fat cream cheese
- 14 oz. (396g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
making the sauteed peaches
- In a medium sized pan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add in the peaches, cinnamon and brown sugar, mixing well to combine. Cook peaches down until they release their juices, about 5-6 minutes after the peach start to slightly simmer. Gently strain peaches in a mesh colander placed over a bowl to catch the juices. Then, pour the hot peaches into a separate bowl to cool to room temperature.
making the bourbon pecan peach syrup
- Now, return the strained juices to the same pan. Add shots of bourbon, chopped pecans, an additional 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and salt to the pan.Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until a thickened syrup forms, about 5 minutes. Pour the syrup into a small bowl to cool to room temperature.Gently mix the cooled bourbon pecan peach syrup back into the cooled peaches.
making the mascarpone base
- Place a large mixing bowl and beaters in the fridge to chill for 20-25 minutes. While the bowl is chilling, pull mascarpone cheese out to soften at room temperature. Once the mixing bowl and beaters are chilled, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat cream on medium speed for 7-8 minutes, or until medium peaks form. If the peak of the cream stands for a second before collapsing, it’s ready. Using a large mixing bowl, add in the mascarpone cheese. Using a large spoon or flexible spatula, spread the mascarpone across the bowl. If the cheese spreads very easily, it's ready. If it starts to look curdled it's a little too cold. Once the cheese is evenly spread on the bottom of the bowl, add in the vanilla extract, salt, and condensed milk. Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk into the mascapone cheese until fully incorporated. This process should go slowly to ensure the mascarpone doesn't break. Gently fold in 1/2 of the cooled sauteed peaches and bourbon pecan peach syrup.
assembling the no-churn peach ice cream
- Pour 1/3 base into a freezer proof bowl, cake pan or loaf pan. Drizzle 1/3 of the remaining bourbon pecan peach syrup. Repeat for the second and third layers, ending with the remaining 1/3 peaches.Place the container of no-churn, uncovered in the freezer for 2 hours. Cover the entire container with plastic wrap. Wrap the top of the container with foil and freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight.
- Thaw slightly at room temperature for 5-10 when ready to serve. Enjoy with more fresh peaches and chopped pecans!
love this recipe?!
let others know by leaving a rating in the recipe + comment below