summer has finally made it’s way to Texas. it is HOT. the every last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. to be honest, even ice cream is losing a little appeal. there is only SO MUCH ice cream a person can eat. enter this utterly delicious and refreshing no churn raspberry sorbet. there are a few things I LOVE about this sorbet. one, is the generous pour of elderflower liqueur that pairs perfectly with the frozen raspberries. the other is the fact that this sorbet is no churn! all you need to make this easy sorbet is a food processor, four ingredients and some freezer time! how on brand for summer is that?!
describe this ruby hued sorbet in a few words
- easy to make
- minimal ingredients
- sweetened with maple syrup
- slightly boozy
- a little crunchy due to the raspberry seeds
- although these can be removed with an extra step!
- a healthy-ish alternative to ice cream!
what ingredients do I need to make this no churn raspberry sorbet?
- frozen raspberries
- elderflower liqueur
- for non alcoholic with all the taste, use elderflower cordial
- maple syrup
- lemon juice
that’s it! just four very simple ingredients. which means, little if any prep or planning is needed to make this sorbet! when the craving strikes, this comes together in about 5 minutes (plus freezer time).
how do I make this sorbet no churn?
a food processor is all you need to make this work as a no churn sorbet.
- just throw all the ingredients into a food processor
- process in pulses to incorporate
- taste and adjust as needed
- process until smooth
- process one more time if desired
- scoop and enjoy!
can I remove the seeds for a smoother sorbet?
quick answer is yes! however, this requires an extra step. I like the seeds, so I skipped this step. if you prefer a smoother no churn raspberry sorbet, I recommend taking the time to remove the seeds. to do this:
- you’ll need a mesh sieve or strainer
- pour ONLY the frozen raspberries and lemon juice into the food processor
- process the raspberries until pureed
- place the mesh sieve over a large bowl
- pour the raspberries into the mesh sieve
- push the raspberries through the sieve leaving only the seeds in the sieve
- this can take a little time
- return the seedless raspberry puree back to the food processor
- add all remaining ingredients to the food processor
- process to full incorporate
- pour the sorbet into a freezer safe container to set
- follow the remaining recipe instructions as written
check out these other no churn freezer treats
- no churn peach ice cream
- edible sugar cookie ice cream (no churn)
- no churn tahini ice cream
- Guinness toffee ice cream (no churn)
no churn raspberry sorbet
- food processor
- shallow 9 -10" (23-25cm) shallow freezer safe dish
- 4 c (500g) frozen raspberries
- 1/3 c (79ml) elderflower liqueur, optional
- 1 c (237ml) maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp (30-60ml) lemon juice, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process in pulses to incorporate.
- Process in longer pulses until a slushy texture is created. Taste the mixture. Adjust the ingredients as needed.
- Process for 10-15 seconds until a smoother texture is created.
- Pour the raspberry sorbet into a shallow freezer proof dish. Freeze uncovered for 1-2 hours or until set. Wrap the dish with plastic wrap. Return to the freezer for an additional 2- 3 hours.
- About an hour before eating, remove the sorbet from the freezer. Scoop the sorbet into a food processor. Process for about 20-30 seconds or until a smooth sorbet texture is achieved.
- Pour the sorbet back into the same dish. Return to the freezer for at least an hour to reset.
- Scoop and enjoy!
- feel free to substitute the elderflower liqueur for Prosecco or rosé wine if desired.
love this recipe?!
let others know by leaving a rating in the recipe + comment below