there is something to be said for ditching the fully homemade cookies. it’s such a busy time of year! this is where some store bought cookies and less than a hour come in handy. these chocolate covered oreos are the easiest way to elevate regular store bought cookies into something perfect for your cookie boxes and cookie swaps. all you need is 3 ingredients and less than an hour to make these gorgeous marbled oreo cookies.
in a few words these marbled cookies are:
- super easy
- no really, the easiest cookies to make!
- gift worthy
what ingredients are needed to make these chocolate covered oreos?
- oreo cookies (or other chocolate sandwich cookies)
- white chocolate melting wafers
- oil based food coloring (red)
from these ingredients you will make the white chocolate coated oreos and the marbled white chocolate topping.
grab these baking supplies to make these chocolate dipped cookies
- parchment or wax paper
- to place the cookies on to dry
- microwave safe bowl
- to melt the white chocolate
- to dip and remove the cookies from the white chocolate
- toothpick or cake tester
- to swirl the food coloring into the white chocolate
tips for melting white chocolate
and for creating that beautiful marbled top
- reserve about 1/4 -1/3 of the total amount of white chocolate for the marbled topping
- melt the white chocolate in 20-30 second increments
- stir the white chocolate well in between round of melting
- this ensures all the chocolate melts evenly
- allow the cookies to fully dry before dipping them into the marbled topping
- to make the marbled topping
- fully melt the white chocolate (be careful to heat until just fully melted)
- drop 3-5 drops of an oil based food coloring into the white chocolate
- using a tooth pick or cake tester, gently swirl the food coloring into the melted white chocolate
- dip the fully dried chocolate covered oreos into the marbled chocolate
- gently twist as you bring the cookie up and out of the chocolate
- allow the cookies to dry fully before eating or storing
- just in case the white chocolate seizes, see this helpful article!
other holiday cookies to bake!
- hot chocolate brownie cookies
- chewy molasses cookies
- hazelnut butter blossoms (kiss cookies)
- almond rye thumbprint cookies
- chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies
- spiced gingerbread blondie bars
chocolate covered oreos
- microwave safe bowl
- parchment paper
- toothpick or other slender tool for swirling food coloring
- fork for dipping
- 20 oreo peppermint cookies (or other chocolate sandwich cookies)
- 20 oz. (568g) white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 oil based food coloring (red)
- Layout a large piece of parchment or wax paper on a flat surface. Have the oreos (or other sandwich cookies) already to go.
- Pour approximately 15 oz. of white chocolate melting wafers into a microwave safe bowl. Reserve about 1/4 of the wafers for the top layer.
- Heat the white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring the chocolate well in between each round. Once the chocolate is fully melted, remove from the microwave
- Dip the oreos into the melted chocolate. Using a fork, gently flip the cookie to fully coat the other side. Once the cookie is fully coated, use the fork to lift and gently shake off any excess chocolate back into the bowl. Place the chocolate covered cookie onto the parchment or wax paper.Allow the cookies to fully dry before dipping them into the marbled white chocolate.
- Once the dipped cookies are fully dry. Prepare the white chocolate marbled topping.
- Heat the remaining white chocolate melting wafer in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring the chocolate well in between each round. Once the chocolate is fully melted, remove from the microwave.
- Using an oil based food coloring, drop a few drops into the white chocolate. Use a toothpick or cake tester to gently swirl the food coloring into the white chocolate. Do not over mix the coloring into the white chocolate.
- Using your hands, dip the top of each chocolate covered cookie into the marbled white chocolate. For a more marbled look, twist the cookie in the coloring. Gently shake off any excess chocolate back into the bowl.Add more drops of food coloring as needed to get the marbled look you want every 5-6 cookies.
- Allow cookies to dry fully before storing or eating.
love this recipe?!
let others know by leaving a rating in the recipe + comment below