These Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars are a fun variation of the iconic Rice Krispies Treats we all know and love. They are easy to make with just a few simple ingredients like butter, marshmallows and cinnamon sugar cereal. These homemade treat bars are soft and gooey with the perfect amount of crunch from the cinnamon cereal.
Why Should You Make This Recipe?
I have several fun and creative marshamllow treat recipes on the blog. My personal favorites are my Chocolate Rice Krispies, Maple Tahini Rice Krispie Treats, Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats and Fruity Pebbles Treats. This cinnamon cereal bar recipe is no exception. In fact, I think it's my new favorite and I know it's going to be your new go-to Rice Krispie Treats with a twist recipe. I know you’ll love it because:
- They are quick, easy and fun to make. There’s nothing better than satisfying a dessert or snack craving as soon as possible with ingredients you already have on hand. These marshmallow cereal treats are made in 15 minutes and use a only a few pantry basics.
- If you love the texture of s’mores, you will love these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars. The marshmallows make these treats wonderfully sweet, soft and gooey, while the cinnamon cereal remains deliciously crunchy. It’s the perfect contrast of textures and flavors.
- They’re a delicious no bake dessert. These marshmallow filled no bake bars make a great grab and go snack both kids and adults will love!
The main ingredients for these cinnamon toast bars are Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, marshmallows, salted butter and vanilla extract.
- Salted Butter: You can use the same amount of unsalted butter as written in the recipe with ½ teaspoon salt added.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal: Feel free to use any cinnamon sugar cereal you like.
- Vanilla extract: This adds a lovely background flavor to the marshmallow, while enhancing the cinnamon flavor in the cereal. It’s highly recommended to use this, but it can be omitted if needed.
- Marshmallows: For this recipe, it is recommended to use a mixture of regular and mini marshmallows. However, the most important factor is that the marshmallows are fresh! You will need a 12 oz. bag of regular marshmallows to melt and about half 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows to mix into the cereal bars. You could also use all mini marshamllows. If you want to use only mini marshmallows for these Cinnamon Crunch Bars you will need 10 total cups (17 oz.) of mini marshmallows.
How To Make
These cinnamon toast squares can be made in as little as 10-15 minutes with just 4 ingredients. Let's make them!
- In a large sauce pan or pot, melt the butter on low heat.
- Once all the butter has melted, add in all of the large marshmallows (6 cups, 12 oz.) and 3 cups of mini marshmallows (about half a 10 oz. bag). Stir continuously over low heat until the marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Once the marshmallows are melted remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the cereal into the pot. Quickly and carefully stir in the cereal.
- Stir the crunchy cinnamon cereal in the gooey melted marshmallows until all the cereal pieces are fully coated. Gently stir in 1 cup (1.7 oz) or up to 2 cups mini marshmallows. This is optional for even more gooey marshmallow texture.
- Evenly scoop the soft and gooey cinnamon cereal treats into a lined 9 x 9 pan. Alternatively, you can use a 9 x 13 pan. Gently press the marshmallow cereal bars into place.
- Allow the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars to set for one hour. Slice and enjoy!
How To Store
To store leftover marshmallow treats: These homemade bars store well in an airtight container for up to one week.
M's Expert Tips
- Gently melt the large marshmallows in the butter over medium - low heat. Stir frequently and just until the marshmallows and butter form a smooth mixture. Avoid the temptation to over mix or rush this process. Doing so can create hard krispie treats.
- Gently crush the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. By slightly crushing the cereal, the pieces can more easily stick together with the gooey marshmallow mixture and mini marshmallow pieces.
- Don’t overmix the mini marshmallows. This is the last step after mixing in the cereal and vanilla extract. Fold in the mini marshmallows, but try not to press or overmix them.
- Lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter before transferring cereal and marshmallow mixture into the pan. Press the mixture gently into the pan. This needs to be just enough to get them to stick together.
- Lightly grease your hands or use a piece of parchment paper to press the bars into the pan. The marshmallow cereal bars are very gooey and sticky.
Technically yes, but the texture will be very different. If you opt to use marshmallow creme, the crunch cereal bars will come apart very easily and the overall texture won’t be as gooey as traditional Rice Krispie Treats.
Absolutely! Pay attention to the amount (cups, grams or oz.) to ensure you have enough marshmallows to make the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treat bars.
This typically happens when the marshmallows are melted quickly over high heat or when left on the heat source too long. Melt the marshmallows low, slow and only as long as needed for the marshmallows to fully melt.
More Marshmallow Desserts
If you try this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars Recipe please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Doing so helps other readers decide if this is a great recipe to bake. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using @olivesnthyme so I can see what you’re baking! Happy Baking! -M
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars Recipe
- 1 9x9 pan or 9x13 pan
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 large sauce pan or pot
- 1 spoon or spatula
- ½ cup (113 g) salted butter sub unsalted butter + 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 cups (12 oz.) regular marshmallows
- 4 cups (6.8 oz.) mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 8 cups (12 oz, 328 g) Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Lightly grease and line a 9x9 or 9x13 pan with parchment paper along the bottom and two sides. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan or pot, melt the butter on low heat.½ cup (113 g) salted butter
- Once all the butter has melted, add in all of the large marshmallows (6 cups, 12 oz.) and 3 cups of mini marshmallows (about half a 10 oz. bag). Stir continuously over low heat until the marshmallows are mostly melted.Note: If you are using only mini marshmallows, add 9 cups (15 oz.) mini marshmallows to melt in the pot.6 cups (12 oz.) regular marshmallows, 4 cups (6.8 oz.) mini marshmallows, divided
- Once the marshmallows are melted remove the pot from the heat. Quickly and carefully stir in the vanilla extract and the cinnamon cereal into the pot. Stir the cinnamon cereal into the melted marshmallows until all the cereal pieces are fully coated.2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract, 8 cups (12 oz, 328 g) Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Gently stir in 1 cup (1.7 oz) or up to 2 cups (3.4 oz) mini marshmallows. Don't overmix. The marshmallows should stay mostly whole and intact. This step is optional for even more gooey marshmallow texture.
- Evenly scoop the soft and gooey cinnamon cereal treats into the lined pan. Gently press the marshmallow cereal bars into place.
- Allow the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars to set for one hour. Remove the bars from the pan using the parchment paper. Slice and enjoy!