my childhood favorite got a bit of a boozy upgrade, just in time for summer. prosecco + strawberries + a ridiculously simple to make lavender simple syrup is all you need! lightly tart, sweet, with floral notes of lavender and that unmistakable hint of prosecco. these popsicles are light, refreshing + impossibly easy to make. a new summer mainstay? i think so!
so what exactly do you need to make these most fantastic and refreshing icons of summer treats? fresh berries or summer fruit, your choice! really any fruit will do. i can definitely see raspberries, blueberries, or a combination of berries; peaches, plums…any stone fruit would be incredible! you’ll also need a bottle of prosecco, an impossibly easy to make lavender simple syrup, a food processor or blender and a popsicle mold (i use this one and have loved it so far). if you don’t mind seeds, skip the mesh colander for straining.
for the longest time i was convinced simple syrups were too difficult to make, but guys, they are NOT. once you realize how easy it is, you’ll be dreaming of all the ways to use your own custom batch! to make the most basic simple syrup, you’ll want to use a ratio of 1:1 sugar and water. i know some people love to go heavy on the sugar, so you could go as high as 2:1 (if you try it, let me know how it goes!).
bring your desired ratio of sugar and water to medium heat in a small sauce pan. heat, stirring occasionally, until all the sugar has dissolved and the remaining liquid resembles a light syrup. this takes about 5-10 minutes depending on temperature and ingredients used. remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. that’s it! like i said, way too easy, right?!
to serve, remove from the freezer and run under slightly warm water, enough to loosen the popsicles from the molds. due to the prosecco and the fact that alcohol has a lower freezing point, you may find these are a bit slushy. the easiest way to avoid this is to use a lower amount of prosecco in the overall recipe. i went with 1 1/2 c overall, but you could easily use 1/2 c for the entire recipe.
if they turn slushy faster than you’d like, or if some of the popsicles don’t make it out of the mold in the most aesthetically pleasing way, i highly recommend adding the popsicles into a glass of prosecco. you could also just skip ahead and have that glass ready to go before you know. just a suggestion…one i’ve already tried for you, and yes its delicious. you’re welcome.
happy eating friends, stay cool!
strawberry + lavender prosecco popsicles
- food processor or blender
- mesh colander
- 10 ct. popsicle mold with sticks
- 1/2 c lavender sugar (regular sugar works too)
- 1/2 c water
- 3 c strawberries, sliced with leaves removed (should yield ~ 2 c puree )
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 c prosecco
- combine sugar and water in a small sauce pan. heat over medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved and the liquid resembles syrup. this takes 5-10 minutes. cool to room temperature before using to make popsicles..
- place strawberries into a food processor or blender. process 10-15 seconds, to desired consistency.
- strain strawberry puree through a fine mesh colander. if you like seeds, you can skip this step.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine strawberry puree, lavender simple syrup and prosecco. mix ingredients until well incorporated and most of the bubbles from the prosecco have dissipated.
- transfer the mixutre into a pouring containder. pour into popsicle molds. insert sticks/top according to your popsicle mold instructions. freeze minimum 8 hours.
- when youre ready to serve, remove mold from the freezer and run under slightly warm water for a few seconds. gently work the popsicles from the molds and enjoy!
- tip: if the popsicles don’t come out as nicely as you’d like, they look beautiful added to a glass of prosecco topped with more fresh berries!
did you make this recipe?
tag @olivesnthyme on instagram